Welcome… below are the services and treatments you can expect from therapy2fit.
Soft Tissue Therapy
is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
Access to Sauna
The sauna’s benefits are numerous. It’s main one being the fact that it promotes sweating, helping the body to rid itself of toxins. It is also believed that exposure of the skin to heat stimulates the production of white blood cells and strengthens the immune system. It improves blood circulation and relaxation of body and mind.
Gym Based Rehabilitation and Strengthening
Rebecca is currently studying for an Active IQ level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training and will able to offer this service on qualifying to compliment the sports massage service currently available.
A perfect treatment to help you relax and unwind after a busy week. The benefits of hot stone massage include, increasing circulation, metabolism, lymphatic function as well as deeply relaxing muscles.
is a therapeutic taping method which can be applied and worn for extended periods. It has become widely used in sport to offer support and stability; the many benefits are listed below. At therapy2fit we can supply and administer as required.
The physiological benefits of taping include:
- promotes the body’s healing processes
- provides support and stability to the soft tissue structure
- provides support and stability to the joint structure
- benefits the body’s lymphatic system
- supports the fascia of he body
- assists with re-education of the neuromuscular system
- accelerates blood flow to the injured area to assist with healing
- can assist with pain reduction
- can assist with preventing injury
The physchological benefits include:
- is thought to enhance performance
- may have psychological benefit as well as a placebo effect
Kinesio taping can be worn for up to 5 days.
Attendance at local events
therapy2fit can be mobile, we have attended several local running events and have provided pre and post run sports massage whilst taking the opportunity to contribute to charitable causes.